Sharks are big fish that live in the ocean, and sometimes they mistake people for their food and bite them. This is called a shark attack, and it can be very scary and dangerous.
To prevent shark attacks, there are a few things we can do:
1. Stay in groups - Sharks are more likely to attack a person who is alone, so it's best to swim with friends or family.
2. Avoid wearing shiny jewelry - anything that reflects light can look like a fish in the water, so it's best to avoid wearing anything shiny when swimming in the ocean.
3. Avoid swimming in areas where sharks are known to be - some parts of the ocean are more likely to have sharks than others, so it's important to check with locals or authorities before swimming in a new area.
4. Stay away from schools of fish, seals, and dolphins - because these are natural prey for sharks, swimming near them can attract sharks to the area.
5. Use caution around areas where boats are fishing - sharks are often attracted to the smell of blood, so it's important to stay away from areas where boats may be cutting up fish.
By following these simple tips, we can help reduce the risk of shark attacks and keep ourselves safe when swimming in the ocean.